Coronavirus (COVID-19) Plan
At Advanced Technology Products (ATP), we care about the safety and wellbeing of our staff members and clients. Following the reported outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), ATP are following the guidelines of the globally coordinated response and are taking every precaution to protect our employees, contractors and clients.
ATP are applying the advice provided by the Australian Federal Government Department of Health fact sheets for coronavirus including guidelines for employers, as the minimum level of precaution. We have adapted our operations to provide a safe environment for staff with the aim to continue delivering exceptional service to clients. We have taken the following steps:
- ATP is operating usual work hours and providing the same support and service.
- ATP holds stock of key components which allows us to continue operations in all but the most extreme of cases.
- As with most integrators, we purchase some components globally so there is a possibility that we could feel the impact of shutdowns, however, that is not our current situation.
- If the situation changes and any orders or active quotes you may have with us could be affected, you will be informed immediately with an update and our plan to recover our position.
- Our employees have returned to working at the office; however, flexibility is provided if staff wish to work remotely.
- Communications procedures and software is available to help provide a productive remote working environment.
- Frequency of cleaning of office and workshop has been increased, with a particular focus on high touch surfaces.
- Good hygiene techniques (such as cough and sneeze etiquette) is communicated to staff.
- ATP’s visitor induction has been updated to include COVID-19 safe workplace practices and visitor’s expectations.
- Signage is displayed in the workplace identifying 1.5m physical distancing requirement and correct handwashing techniques.
- Staff returning to Australia from overseas or interstate follow quarantine protocols (this has not been relevant to ATP staff thus far).
- All business-related travel overseas and interstate has been banned until further notice.
- When visiting ATP’s office:
- Visitors confirm they have not been in contact with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case
- Visitors confirm that they and their family are not displaying any COVID-19 symptoms (fever >38ºC) shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, breathing difficulties, other flu-like symptoms).
- Visitor’s temperature may be checked by ATP staff. (A temperature <38ºC is considered safe).
- Visitor uses hand sanitiser upon entry.
- Visitor maintains social distancing of 1.5m.
- Visitor signs in and out of the office on sheet provided.
ATP staff expectations:
- When working from home, staff are expected to:
- Be available for contact via Outlook, Slack app and their mobile phones during their usual hours of work.
- ‘Check in’ via Slack app status channel.
- When working in the office, staff are expected to:
- Use hand sanitizer available at reception upon entry.
- Wipe desk and telephone surfaces before and after shift with the anti-bacterial wipes provided.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining a minimum of 1.5m between each person.
- Adhering to maximum personnel capacity in boardroom and lunch room.
- Wash hands thoroughly, regularly and make use of paper towel to dry hands.
- Limit physical contact with others – do not shake hands.
- Be well and not displaying any COVID-19 symptoms (fever >38ºC) shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, breathing difficulties, other flu-like symptoms). This includes Employee’s family.
- Staff must stay home if unwell. If displaying COVID-19 symptoms, staff stay home and call the national Coronavirus Hotline.
- If staff are being tested for COVID-19, they must stay home and notify their supervisor.
- Send this policy to visitors prior to their attendance at ATP office, asking them to read the Visitor’s Expectation section. Ensure visitor signs in and ticks to confirm they have read and comply with policy. Policy is available at reception if needed.